40 years experience in construction ensures Cona Contracting Inc. can successfully deliver a variety of sewer, water and excavating services. Our specialized services are listed below.
- * Lead pipe replacement program *
- Water line & water main repairs
- Poor water pressure upgrading
- Installation of new water lines
- Sewer installation & repair
- Retaining walls (Gabion Basket)
- culvert installations, repairs, replacements
- Weeping tile repair
- Leaky basement repair
- Pool excavation
- Concrete & asphalt removal
- Driveway excavation
- Locating various pipe and wire
- Catch basing installation & repair
- Various road repair
- Snow removal
These services are available for both commercial and residential applications. Quality is of the utmost importance and your work is guaranteed.
What is the Lead Pipe Replacement Program?
Many homes in Hamilton and its surrounding areas have been equipped with lead pipes. Lead is a harmful metal that’s long-term exposure has been proven to affect the nervous system and cause blood and brain disorders especially in small children.
Typically homes built before 1955 have used lead pipes throughout. Half-inch lead pipes can contaminate the home’s water supply and should be immediately replaced with copper pipes. Not only will this ensure the health and safety of your family, it will increase water pressure throughout.
The City of Hamilton has initiated a program whereby homeowners can receive funds for the replacement of lead water pipes. Homeowners may have their water pipes tested by the city.